About the Course
Happiness is a skill. This is what the ancient practice of mindfulness teaches, and what modern psychology research has shown. The wonderful thing is that this skill, just like driving or dancing, can be learned, and it can stay with you for a lifetime.
On the eight-week Mindfulness for Stress course you will learn how to boost your happiness and well-being, find new sources of resilience, joy, and calm in your life, and to cope with stress, anxiety, fear, and depression.
When is the next Course?
There will be an 8 week Mindfulness for Stress courses starting in January 2020.
Please get in touch for more information or to book your place.
Who is the Course for?
Over the decades that Breathworks have run their courses they have helped thousands of people suffering from stress associated with work, family and relationships, loss, PTSD, depression, chronic generalised anxiety, social anxiety, and those who simply want to boost their resilience, learn mindfulness and meditation, or find greater joy and well-being in their lives. If you would like to explore the opportunities to increase the quality of your life then this course is for you, please get in touch and consider signing up for one of our 8 week courses.
How is the Course Delivered?
The course is taught over an 8 week period, in a small group setting. Each lesson lasts for 2.5 hours. You will also be asked to do a daily practice at home which will start at 20 minutes a day and build to 40 minutes.
The course can also be taught on a one to one basis if you are not able to attend a scheduled group class and classes can also be provided for a group of friends or in a work place setting. Please get in touch for more information.
What will I learn?
- The skill of meditation
- Mindfulness and self-compassion skills in your daily life
- Greater concentration and focus
- How breath and body awareness can transform stress
- Supportive mindful movement practices
- The art of taking joy in simple pleasures
- How to overcome your ‘negativity bias’
- The many health benefits of mindfulness
What will I get with the course?
- 8-weeks of lessons – 20 hours of class time
- A balance of teaching, questions and discussion, and guided meditation
- Daily home meditation practice of 20 mins a day
- Guided meditations CD / MP3 downloads
- Two Mindfulness workbooks to support the course
- Teaching and practices to help you develop mindfulness, calm, and resilience
- A highly experienced mindfulness teacher to answer your questions and address difficulties every week with personalised advice.
What are the benefits of the course?
Breathworks research amongst participants on their mindfulness for Stress courses has found
- Stress levels fall by 28%
- Greater quality of life
- More self compassion and mindfulness
- Less depression and anxiety
- Less tiredness and fatigue
Please get in touch with any questions at all email@example.com or call 07841 450657